Day 7 - Integrity (Colossians 1:15-16)


He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
(Colossians 1:15-16)

Day 7 focuses on purpose!  Have you asked GOD what your purpose is?  I find it beneficial to live a life of integrity when I feel a sense of purpose.  When you start to understand GOD has a purpose for you . . . man!  Notice I did not say when you know what your purpose is, but as soon as you realize GOD has a purpose for you, things will began to change.  You will wake up every morning knowing that GOD has something for you to do "This Day!"  I have learned that the only thing I need to know about my purpose is "This Day!"  Therefore my prayer always includes, "... Dear GOD, whatever you have for me This Day ..." 

Here is the bottom line, GOD created you and everything in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible for a reason.  Think about it . . . if GOD has a purpose for the very dust of the ground, don't you think HE has a purpose for you, whom was created by the dust of the ground!

This Day, may be the first day that you recognize that GOD has a purpose for you, so walk a Purposeful Life of Integrity!

Here is how GOD gave me the desire to fulfill my given purpose each day.

A man was walking a long road and he felt he was not achieving anything, nor could he feel a sense of purpose in this world.  So he shouted to the heavens, "GOD, what is my purpose!"  As he continued to walk, he kept asking GOD to let him see his purpose.  Was he going to heal someone with the touch of his hand or save a life?  Maybe he was going to lead 5,000 souls to Christ in one sermon!  At this point, it didn't matter to the man.  What every his great purpose in life was, he wanted it to start now!

GOD finally spoke to the man's heart and told him to pick up a small piece of paper, but the man continued to walk and petition to GOD what his grand purpose was.  The very next day, GOD told the man to pick up the small piece of paper, and again the man ignored the command because, he didn't want to deal with the scraps, he wanted to know what his great purpose was.  Day after day, GOD told the man to pick up the small piece of paper, and the man continued to refuse.  As always, GOD did not give-up, so the man was going to give-in!  The man finally pick up the small piece of paper, then GOD continued to command him to pick up the other scraps of paper.  Before long, the man realized that once he picked up the pieces a page was created.  The more pieces, the more pages, until he had a chapter!  The more pieces, the more pages, the more chapters, the more volumes.  The man soon realized that it was the small things that lead to the great things.  He realized that he had to fulfill every purpose given by GOD.  You can't just walk around waiting for the grand purpose! You must fulfill every purpose GOD has for you each day!  That man in this story is me!  It wasn't until I realize GOD's purpose for me is in every moment of the day, and not just for one moment of a life, I began to enJOY not knowing my full purpose.  I am blessed to know that HE has a purpose for me!

Dear GOD,

I know You woke me up with a purpose!  It may be to smile, hug, or give a kind word.  It may be to save a life.  Whatever it is that You have for me This Day, please let me fulfill the purpose You have created me for.  It is in the name of Jesus I pray, Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Likewise, if we're faithful to little things, faithfulness in the bigger things will simply be a natural progression...not something we have to grit our teeth and sweat out. Aloha2u